Hematology and Hematopathology
- Communiqué: How to Interpret and Pursue an Abnormal Prothrombin Time, Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time, and Bleeding Time in Adults
- Communiqué: A Practical Approach to Testing for Von Willebrand Disease
- Mayo Clinic Video: Polycythemia Vera (PV)
- Mayo Clinic Video: Waldenström Macroglobulinemia - Clinical Trials
- Hot Topic: Common Test-Ordering Errors, Part 2: T&B Cells
- Hot Topic: Platelet Esoteric Testing - A Case Study
- Algorithm: Myeloproliferative Neoplasm: A Diagnostic Approach to Bone Marrow Evaluation
Mayo Clinic Links
Questions or comments about our laboratory?
Using State-of-the-Art Modalities to Diagnose Hematologic Disease
Specialists in the Hematology Division are organized by disease-oriented groups to enhance communication, focus research efforts, and improve the level of care that each group member provides. Many on Mayo's staff have multiple interests, evaluate and treat some patients outside their disease groups, and consult with each other on individual patient problems.
Mayo Clinic hematology and hematopathology laboratories incorporate all aspects of state-of-the-art modalities to diagnose: