Hematology and Hematopathology
- Communiqué: How to Interpret and Pursue an Abnormal Prothrombin Time, Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time, and Bleeding Time in Adults
- Communiqué: The Challenges of Testing For and Diagnosing Porphyrias
- Communiqué: Polyclonal Gammopathy - A Retrospective Cohort Study of 148 Patients
- Algorithm: Multiple Myeloma | Laboratory Screening Tests for Suspected Multiple Myeloma
- Mayo Clinic Video: Waldenström Macroglobulinemia Treatment
- Hot Topic: Clopidogrel Platelet Function Tests
- Mayo Clinic Video: The Important Role of Immunology Testing in Hematology
Mayo Clinic Links
Questions or comments about our laboratory?
Using State-of-the-Art Modalities to Diagnose Hematologic Disease
Specialists in the Hematology Division are organized by disease-oriented groups to enhance communication, focus research efforts, and improve the level of care that each group member provides. Many on Mayo's staff have multiple interests, evaluate and treat some patients outside their disease groups, and consult with each other on individual patient problems.
Mayo Clinic hematology and hematopathology laboratories incorporate all aspects of state-of-the-art modalities to diagnose: