Hematology and Hematopathology
- Hot Topic: Preparation of Platelet Poor Plasma for Special Coagulation Testing
- Algorithm: Amyloidosis | Amyloidosis (Familial) Test Algorithm
- Algorithm: Amyloidosis | Laboratory Approach to the Diagnosis of Amyloidosis
- Hot Topic: Platelet Esoteric Testing - A Case Study
- Hot Topic: Von Willebrand Disease (VWD) Part 2: NHLBI Diagnosis Guidelines
- Algorithm: Myeloproliferative Neoplasm: A Diagnostic Approach to Bone Marrow Evaluation
- Mayo Clinic Video: Testing for Newly Diagnosed Plasma Cell Myeloma
Mayo Clinic Links
Questions or comments about our laboratory?
Using State-of-the-Art Modalities to Diagnose Hematologic Disease
Specialists in the Hematology Division are organized by disease-oriented groups to enhance communication, focus research efforts, and improve the level of care that each group member provides. Many on Mayo's staff have multiple interests, evaluate and treat some patients outside their disease groups, and consult with each other on individual patient problems.
Mayo Clinic hematology and hematopathology laboratories incorporate all aspects of state-of-the-art modalities to diagnose: